Well, it's official. I am 40 weeks TODAY! My due date has come, yet again. I have accepted the fact that I am a 40 week-er when it comes to the gestation of my children. Does that mean I love seeing my due date come (and in the last two pregnancies go...)? Not necessarily. But, there is a level of comfort in knowing that I make it to the end and so far we have had no "surprise" early visits when we weren't quite ready.
My niece came into the world just a few weeks ago (BEAUTIFUL and tiny... 5lbs 13oz) and surprised her family by being 3 weeks early! If I had had this little man 3 weeks ago, we would have been scrambling to get those last minute things done while he was already here. So, yeah, I am glad I know I go all the way to the end.
In fact when my Dr came into the exam room last week for my last check up she said "You're still here..." I just laughed and told her I had every intention of being there and expected to see her again next week! She laughed and said "Well, it does seem like your babies like to wait til the last minute." Why, yes ma'am, they do. Just like their momma did... I was 16 days late!! Thankfully they don't let you do that anymore. I wouldn't want to know how big my children would get after being in the womb 16 extra days! Yikes!
I get pregnancy updates on my phone and the first one I got talked about the baby being the size of a poppy seed. A poppy seed! that's really not much bigger than this --> • , if any! And now... It says the baby is about the size of a small pumpkin. Wow! What an amazing journey this has been. A poppy seed to a pumpkin!
I mentioned in my first Blog Nesting post that "as far as you knew" the baby still didn't have a name. And that's true! I haven't mentioned the fact that we finally named our little man!! His name is Grayson McKinley. Isn't that sweet??? Oh, I just love it. And I cannot wait to put a face with the name!
Being able to see and feel God's hands at work in my life to grow this baby these past 40 weeks has been such a blessing. Life is a miracle and because of His goodness and mercy He allowed me to be apart of it! Now for the 4th time... Yes, I am blessed.
Another reason I wanted to post this today is because... I am actually going into the hospital tonight to be induced in the morning. So... We should be meeting little Grayson in the next 24 hours or so! Eeeek!!! I'm getting excited. The boys are squared away with Gram and Papaw, our bags are packed, the list of "to do's" is done... I'm now just needing to take my shower and we are off on a little date afternoon before we check into the hospital.
Thank you all for your prayers, they are cherished. As well as all the love and support we have received! We are excited and anticipate great things for our little Grayson as the Lord brings him into this world.
Until next time...
So excited for you and can't wait to see pictures of your sweet Grayson! Saying a prayer for you tonight and tomorrow! Praying God brings Grayson into the world quickly and with ease! I love ya girl! You have a beautiful family!
ReplyDelete