Pages

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Peyton is FREE! {Blog Nesting Day 3}

 I thought it only fitting for Day 3 to post about my favorite 3 year old. Or if you ask him, he would say, "I'm free!" (free meaning three, of course.) Peyton turned three back in February. What a fun and challenging age three is... For his birthday he was intent on 2 things and 2 things only.

1. To get a bow and arrow set just like Tristan got when he turned 3.
2. He wanted a Toy Story Cake.

The first wasn't as easy to accomplish as one would think. I looked EVERYWHERE for that bow and couldn't find one. Much was the same story, if I remember right, trying to find Tristan's. My Mom ended up finding one and sending it in the mail. Yay! Deeda to the rescue! Oh what a glorious day that was! I SO wish I had my camera to take pictures and now I'm not sure why I didn't at the time??? But, you'll just have to take my word for it, his reaction was priceless. He loves (still to this day) his bow and arrows. :)

Now, for the second... We ended up having some family over to celebrate his birthday. Nothing too big but there was CAKE! And a Toy Story one at that!

 The oh-so-handsome-and-very-proud-birthday-boy

 Showing me his birthday spread

 The Cake!

Complete with some of our favorite characters

 Family

 He was so excited about his cake!

 He opened each present with such joy and excitement! I think (right now anyway) he is 
our easiest child to please.

 Daddy reading him his card

 He of course loved each of his presents but what I loved was he immediately thanked whoever had given him the present right then before he opened another one (without any prompting from either of his parents). It was so sweet. We have continued to pray that the thankful and tender heart that God has given him would be used mightily for God's Kingdom.

 Papaw showing P how to use his new tool set 

 My husband... I love him. Even in a strange hat...

 Can you see what this present is? It's a Buzz Lightyear wing pack! This was, undoubtedly, the highlight of the party! 

Just in case you were wondering... Ha!

 He could not wait to get it on and try it out! But since it had no batteries, he quickly changed his mind and moved on to... 
CAKE! :)

 Aunt JooJoo sharing some cake with Kohen

Again, proof I was there! :)



 To our sweet and adorable Peyton, you are such a blessing to us. God has given you a tender and loving heart. We pray as you continue to grow and learn that God would grow you into a mighty warrior in His Kingdom. And that He would use you to accomplish great things for His namesake. You are so good at being 3! Keep up the good work little man! 

No comments:

Post a Comment