Pages

Saturday, November 14, 2009

The Darnedest Things

Do you remember that show Bill Cosby hosted a few years ago, "Kids Say the Darnedest Things"? It was a great show! All about kids and what they say. Well he was right on the money with that saying because they really do! Here are some things said around our house in the last week that I hope I never forget and just thought I'd share.

"The Highchair"
The boys were getting settled to eat lunch and Peyton tried to sit at the table (because he wants so much to be as big as Tristan). But I told him "Pey, you can't reach your food at the table. You have to sit in your highchair."
Tristan laughed and said, "The highchair?!?"
Me, "Yes... this (pointing at it) is Peyton's highchair."
T, "Oh! The HIGHchair!!" There was a slight pause. "Hi!!! Hi Peyton!!!" As he waved at Peyton.
I cracked up and couldn't stop giggling about it. The new and improved "Hi"chair.

"Jumping on the bed"
One morning while brushing the boys teeth, Tristan laid his head over on my belly and was very still. I asked what he was doing and this is where the conversation went.
T, "Um... I'm listening."
Me, "Oh, what do you hear?"
T, "I hear Kohen."
Me, "What is he doing?" (all the while he is still listening closely)
T, "Well, I bink (think) he's jumping on the bed."
Me, "You do?"
T, "Yes. Mama, you need to spank him."
Me, "Well, I think we should just tell him not to jump on the bed."
T, "Kohen, we don't jump on the bed! Mama will spank you!"

"Medicine"
Peyton was particularly snotty, sneezy and red eyed one day. He is prone to allergies like his Daddy. So at lunch I gave him some allergy medicine hoping he could get some relief from his itchy sneezy face. Tristan saw me giving Peyton the medicine and says "Mama, my tummy hurts. I need some medicine too."
Me, "Well, this medicine isn't for tummies. It's for Peyton's itchy eyes and nose. I think you should probably just eat and that will make your tummy feel better."
About this time I finished giving Peyton the medicine and along with a shutter he rubbed and scratched his head as the medicine settled. Tristan watching Peyton's reactions, started scratching his head. And said, "Mommy, my head is itchy... I bink I need some medicine..."
Smart one he is! And such a turkey!

I realize all of these stories were only things Tristan said. Peyton does talk and A LOT as a matter of a fact! He just doesn't carry on conversations yet. I'm sure there will be many more posts and laughs out of him too in the future! Things he does say as of late that always make me smile...

"Inna helt" - I want to help
"Awuder won" - Another one
"I steent" - I stink
"Ere dit dow?" - Where'd it go?
"Is dat?" - What is that?
"Inna hoed it" - I want to hold it

I love the little words and little conversations that go on in our home (most of the time anyway). I know our hands are full. And as soon as Kohen arrives they will be even more full! By the way I am two days late today and we are just waiting! But I would much rather have my hands full any day than for them to be empty.

2 comments:

  1. Praise God for having your hands full! Your children are beautiful! It is so fun hearing them talk and learn! I know you are a proud Mama - and a great one! I love the convo between you and T about K jumping on the bed inside your tummy! Too cute! Keep recording! They will get a kick out of this stuff when they are grown!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha!! Love it! I enjoy reading the way you tell the stories because you help me imagine them scene so well!! I can't wait to hear all those words come out of Peyton's mouth!! I can't believe he is getting so big!!
    Kayla

    ReplyDelete