Pages

Monday, November 9, 2009

The home s t r e t c h

It's so easy to believe that my pregnancy is almost over. You're probably thinking wait... what? Don't people usually say, "It's gone by so fast!" "It feels like we just found out!". These statements were both true of my first two pregnancies but for some reason this one has just seemed longer! And I haven't even reached my due date yet! But boy, am I ready!

The boys loving on baby Kohen

This whole waiting thing isn't the most fun. I am two days away from my due date and it could happen anytime. However, I am not holding my breath for an early delivery. Lets review, shall we? Tristan was forced out 3 days early because my Dr wasn't sure how big he was going to be. I have a feeling, based on how long it took to persuade him to come out, he would have stayed longer before deciding to come out on his own. Peyton seemed to enjoy his stay in my tummy so much he decided to stay 6 days past his check out date! Not to mention my Mother was 16 days late (exactly) with all 3 of us kids. I blame my slow oven on her by the way. So yes, he could come early and I would welcome it. But I highly doubt it.

You know what I find interesting? I went into a local children's boutique a few days ago and aside from finding the sweetest little Hippo lovie for Kohen (the same brand as Pey's giraffe), I met a lady who was pregnant with her second child. We, along with 2 other women who were currently not pregnant but had been at one time, talked about all the things you do to try and induce your own labor in the last weeks of pregnancy. Some were quite interesting, I must say. And others were just plain wrong! As I drove away I had to laugh, only pregnancy could bring women together who had never met before to discuss the intimate things we discussed! I am still laughing about it today! (giggle and sigh) What a common bond.

I have been feeling very round these days. Indigestion and sleep have been my worst enemies. And my feet started swelling this last week. On the other hand I have become particularly fond of whatever small part of Kohen has been moving underneath my right ribcage. It doesn't jab me or take my breath away like some of his low kicks do. It's just a little nudge, very sweet and slow at times. I am so eager to meet him. He is so loved and blessed already and he has no idea yet.

His Daddy and big brothers are ready to meet him too! We have all pitched in on getting his room and things ready for his arrival. Daddy climbed up in the attic and pulled down all the itty bitty clothes and baby stuff. The boys "helped" me wash, dry and fold them. And even helped hang them up in his closet. I love seeing all the baby clothes out and ready. We still have a couple things on a to do list that will hopefully get done before he arrives but nothing major.

Itty bitty clothes washed and ready to be put away...
Here are some pictures of his nursery...
Diaper changing station (notice his bag packed and ready for the hospital)...


This bedding is the same bedding we used with the other boys. Still as cute as ever!
Two big brothers ready to meet their little brother!

And of course the truth is, it will be a little while before he will actually occupy his room. So this is a picture of his cradle that is patiently awaiting him...

And so we wait. Patiently and sometimes impatiently. But all the same... we wait. I am encouraged by my friend who tells me, "He will come out! He won't be 13 and still in the womb." For this I am very thankful.
To baby Kohen, please come soon. We are so ready to meet you!

And as for me...  "I say to myself, "The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for him."
-Lamentations 3:24

3 comments:

  1. Leanna - I LOVE this post! I know you are so eager and ready! I know it is getting hard to wait! I know you are uncomfortable! But just think - in a few days you will be holding your precious new baby boy in your arms! In a few days you will have totally forgotten about this as you look down at Kohen and study his every move! God's timing is perfect! We love ya girl and are praying for you and Kohen and a safe & healthy delivery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the post!!!!
    I so enjoyed seeing the boys love on Kohen and seeing the cute setup you have for him! I am encouraged by your patience!! I love you and your blog! Can't wait to meet him!!
    -Kayla

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post and all the wonderful pictures are so great! His room looks so adorable!! Hope you have as little of pain as possible over the next few days until he decides to make his arrival! We are so excited for you guys!!

    ReplyDelete