Pages

Saturday, November 7, 2009

Blessed.



A couple of weekends ago my dear friend Kendall threw Kohen (and me) a diaper shower! It was such a huge blessing and so much fun! Here are some of the pictures and highlights...
Look at all the yummy food!
The diaper cake!
"For you created my inmost being; 
you knit me together in my mother's 
womb. 
I praise you because I am fearfully and 
wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, 
I know that full well. 
My frame was not hidden from you 
when I was made in the secret place. 
When I was woven together in the 
depths of the earth, 
your eyes saw my unformed body. 
All the days ordained for me were written in your book 
before one of them came to be." 
Psalm 139:13-16

This was such a neat idea, Kendall took clothes pins, glued magnets on the back and wrote Kohen's name along with this scripture reference on them. She gave them to the guests as a reminder to pray for Kohen and his arrival!
Another sweet idea! She got a book that everyone at the shower wrote messages to Kohen in the front cover (instead of a guestbook). I can't wait to get to read it to him. The book and all the sweet notes from people that love him so much!











We were so incredibly blessed by all of the gifts we received. Diapers, wipes and more!


Let the games begin! We played a few games. I'm not sure if you can see it in the picture or not but in this game we were smelling diapers! No, not actually dirty ones. It was melted candy bars and we had to guess which candy was which by smelling the diapers! It was pretty funny!
I didn't get any pictures of the other two games we played. We did a word scramble of baby related words. And the other game was guess my belly size! 

Some of the lovely guests! Oh, and the hostess made it in this picture too! 
Zoe (One of T's little buddies) was one of the smallest shower guests. I snapped a quick shot of a smile as she was peeking out from her hiding place behind her grandma. Too cute!
I was so glad that Mom and Jess came in for the shower! They drove 16 hours round trip for less than a 24 hour stay! Whew! 
I have to post these pictures too, Tristan saw his Daddy taking our picture and jumped right in!
I love this!
Here's the loot he made out with! WOW! I counted the diapers we received... 1,080! And that's not even counting the diaper cake and extras Kendall had left over from making it! Isn't that such a blessing? 

I want to thank everyone that came! And Kendall for talking me into letting her do the shower in the first place. "Every baby is special and deserves their own shower!" she said. She is right and I am so blessed to have a friend to want to do something so special for my baby and me. We are so thankful to be so loved. God is too good to us!



1 comment:

  1. You are too sweet! It was my pleasure! I had so much fun! :) Now I just can't wait to meet that precious baby! :)

    ReplyDelete