Pages

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

A Thoughtful Suggestion

This picture is not from tonight, this is Tristan sleeping with his Toy Story buddies and his Cars pillow (two of his favorite movies) while we were on vacation. No, I'm not about to blog about that crazy week right now! But I do feel the need to share tonight before I'm off to bed.

I've had a lot of suggestions on things I could do to help relieve my nausea (which I like to call "progesterone poisoning") over the past few weeks... Saltine crackers, Ginger cookies, Candied ginger, Peppermints, Peppermint oil, Ginger oil, Zofran, Icebreaker sour mints... the list goes on. And while a lot of these were great and helped take my mind away from what was at hand, I haven't had a suggestion as good as the one I received tonight from my 2 1/2 year old.

As we got the boys ready for bed tonight (I say we meaning my husband was actually doing all the work and I was laying on the couch watching. Remember... Superman?) Tristan came over and crawled up on the couch next to me. He took my face in both of his little hands and asked me, 
"Momma, what's wrong? What's matter?" 
I said, "Oh, momma is okay. My tummy just hurts."
Still holding my face with one hand he said, "You gonna... you need to go poop?"
I was trying so hard not to laugh and then I realized, he was so serious and really giving a caring suggestion! I asked him, "Do you think that will make momma feel better?"
He answered very sure of himself, "Yes."
At this point he heads over to Daddy to clue him in, "Daddy, momma's tummy hurt... something muttered... momma need to go poop... something else muttered... make momma's tummy better."
Daddy and Momma exchanged a much needed smile.

This might have been the best suggestion I've had yet! Although... I'm not so sure it will help me in this case! 

8 comments:

  1. Ahhh that is too cute!! :) Such a sweet boy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was very sweet. I'll have you know that their are plenty of nights that Daddy is watching from the couch and Mamma is doing what she has been doing since the boys got up that morning.....Working. Tristan really was trying to help.

    I love you Baby and these "blogs" are some of the coolest things I've read in a long time. Don't stop.

    Davis

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww! That is too sweet! I didn't know you had a blog! I guess I've been having too much pregnant brain lately to get a clue! I'm going to have to pop over more often to see what's going on! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such wise wisdom! That definitely is the cure to a lot of ailments!

    ReplyDelete
  5. pooping... the cure all. isn't that what i ask my Sarah Jane when she dramatically says her tummy hurts? I love the heart that the Lord is growing inside your sweet Tristan. Compassion and Empathy. isn't that what the Veggie Tales (Jonah) movie is about? no, compassion and mercy. but still. these are the things that we will remember when the dear ones are older.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tristan is so cute!! And I actually got to hear him ask you this the other day lol. Too funny!
    Kayla

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have the absolute best family in all the world. Leanna rocks!!! She breaks all the cliche things old guys say about their wives and I love it. My boys are not only beautiful they are so much fun! They talk and I love it, they run and jump and play and my heart soars. They say their Bible verses and I weep inside, they say "yes mam" to their Mamma and I feel so proud. Then Monster(Tristan) tells his momma that she needs to poop and I crack up laughing. "Thank you Jesus for all the blessings in my life.

    Bear

    ReplyDelete