It was a funny sketch that had a really powerful message. But the more I've thought about it, the more God has used it to convict me. How often do I try to scoot Him over? How many times do I pull the chair out from underneath Him? How many times do I never even offer Him a seat or better yet not allow Him in the same room as the chair? Seriously. Oh sure, it's easy to sing "Jesus take the wheel..." whenever I hear that song come on the radio. But how often do I give Him complete control of every decision made in my life?
Verses like, "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight." Proverbs 3:4,
"Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength." Mark 12:30 confuse me at times. Did God really mean all of my heart... really?? The answer is YES!! Why in the world would He say it over and over in scripture from the Old Testament all the way through the New Testament if He didn't mean it? He wants all of me. Complete control.
I don't want Jesus to 'One Cheek it' on my decision making, I want Him to have all of me. All my heart, all my soul, all my mind and all my strength.
amen, sister. i missed the skit due to VBS planning, so thanks for the visual discription. perhaps today i needed the advice instead of two sundays ago. missing you- call if you have a moment free. love you.
ReplyDelete