With all of our beautiful spring weather we have also had our share of storms. Those heavy soaking rains that make for a perfect afternoon of snuggling on the couch under a good blanket.
The boys don't seem to be bothered by the storms other than they don't get to play outside while it's raining.
The other day Tristan and I had a conversation about the rain while in route in the van. He was hollering out the window at the rain "Stop rain! Stop!" I told him the rain was good because God uses it to make the grass and plants grow and to give the animals water to drink. He ended the conversation with "I like rain."
After a few rainy days in a row the boys (and the momma) were getting stir crazy from being stuck indoors. So after Daddy got home from work he thought of a brilliant idea... they could play in the water puddles! And so they did.
Here's a clear difference in our oldest and middle child...
Peyton is in fact sitting in the water, not care in the world, the messier the better!
Tristan was perfectly fine sitting on the bank, playing in the water and then wiping his hands off on his pants.
Tristan found some treasures in the water puddles! It took a little convincing that they were not snakes, only worms (Thank the Lord!).
They had a blast and Daddy gave baths this night! :)

I never knew all those puddles that I avoid every day on our street could be so exciting to little boys! Yall are so creative with finding fun things for them to do!!
ReplyDeleteSo sweet! I can't wait to see them in person.
ReplyDeleteLove,
Amy
haha your little clean freak child lol =)
ReplyDeleteI liked the story about the rain in the car, very cute.
~Kayla~