The verdict is in (and has been in for 2+ weeks but that's beside the point). Most of you voted GIRL for the gender of Baby Davis no. 4! 87% of you, as you see in the picture above. And while 87% of you were quite hopeful you were also very, well... WRONG!
Baby Davis no. 4 is a BOY!
I was supposed to have the big ultrasound sometime in June, which was my Dr's preference. I, on the other hand, had the brilliant idea to surprise my husband by begging asking my Dr if she would perform the ultrasound early. You see, my next appointment was scheduled on his birthday! I saw it was the perfect opportunity. After being quite persuasive with the nurse who relayed my request to my Dr, I finally got the answer I was looking for and was able to surprise the Daddy person and the rest of our family with finding out earlier than we had all expected.
For the day of the ultrasound (also Brandon's birthday) I worked it out with a dear friend of ours, the boys' Kay-Kay, to watch the boys for the entire day. So, we got to enjoy an all day date! It was great and very needed. Brandon was very excited about finding out early and decided we wouldn't tell anyone that was what we were going to be doing that day... He's sneaky like that. And of course, I went along with it!
When we had the ultrasound done, the Dr and Brandon were able to see what I had known all along... That this baby is ACTIVE! From the first flutters I felt and then a few days later to the first actually kick, I knew whether boy or girl... This baby was an active one!
Because of how active he is, we didn't get many pictures of him. He did however let us see his man junk quite clearly! His face, profile, feet, hands and body... Not so much. But he is definitely proud to be a boy, I can tell you that! The pictures are a bit blurry, I apologize.
Here is his face.
An arm and hand.
My Dr was attempting to get a profile picture and this was the
best we could do with the little wiggle worm!
It's actually the side/back of his head.
And last but not least, his man junk. I debated on whether or not I should even
post this on here. But I figure, he was quite proud of this shot.
Out of the 8 pictures we got that day, 5 of them look like this one!
We have always shared our news of pregnancy in unique ways to our families so we thought since no one knew we were finding out what we were having we would share that news in a unique way too! We had a birthday celebration the next day for Brandon and we had a cookie cake made for the event...
"Happy Birthday
to an
ALL BOY DADDY!"
to an
ALL BOY DADDY!"
Here's the Daddy and 3 of his boys.
The family was quite surprised to be finding out early AND to be finding out from a cake! It was fun!
And how do we feel about adding another boy to our bunch?? We are thrilled!
I wasn't sure what the boys' reactions were going to be when we told them. Tristan was so sure that he was having a sister this time and I didn't want him to be upset that he was in fact getting another brother. His reaction was so sweet. When we told them the news T says, "A Boy?! That's what Peyton said!!" He said it with a big grin. This of course relieved any fear I had of disappointment. Peyton's response was, "It is a Boy!!" Also said with a huge grin. And little Kohen, yeah.. He still has no idea.
Stay tuned for more from the momma with all those boys...



I just love you so much!!! <3, Tarana
ReplyDelete