Pages

Friday, June 17, 2011

summer favorites

Summer is a fun season. While it is not my favorite time of the year, it does have some wonderful things about it that make me smile. Like freshly cut grass, ice cold lemonade, watermelon, fireworks and swimming all afternoon... These are some of the same things that have made me smile from the time I was a kid. And now... I'm watching my children smile because of them.

I just want to share a few of my favorites today... There are many more things I love about the summer time and I may just post a second "summer favorites" later on before the summer is over.

#1: screen doors

#2. mornings spent playing outside

 #3. dirty-faced and sweaty-headed little boys

#4. dirty feet

#5. fresh right-out-of-the-garden produce

 #6. 4+ year old flip-flops that know the shape of my feet

#7. little snuggling moments after a good naptime because of playing hard outside all morning

#8. spending warm evenings outside with family

#9. the wonder and awe in little faces 

 #10. the parade to kick off the county Fair & Rodeo

 #11. sweet red-faced little boy enjoying his first parade


What are some of your summer favorites??

1 comment:

  1. picnics in the backyard with the three (and plus yours....)

    ReplyDelete