Before I go much further I just want to say Thank you! to all of our family and friends who have been so encouraging in our BIG surprise news of our 4th child. It was overwhelming and exciting for us and the news could not have been more welcomed by all of you (I'm thinking the cute video might have helped that ;). Your encouragement means more than you know! As I mentioned, this was a surprise for us. God's plans are perfect. He was ready and blessed us with our little "poppy seed" (as we've been calling the baby since we found out).
Please do not read this and think "They didn't want this baby" or "Oh, they got their 'Oops baby' ". That is NOT our hearts on the matter at all! Was this part of our plan at this time? No. But we have trusted that God knows what He is doing. And if this is how we can continue to bring Him the most glory, well, then bring on the baby belly!
I am 16 weeks along in my pregnancy this week and things are going great! I did deal with a lot of sickness this time (much like with Kohen). It started earlier in this pregnancy, though. But PRAISE THE LORD, I was over it quicker this time! Once I was a week into my second trimester I started feeling better gradually and now I hardly ever get nauseated. Some smells can get me a little sideways… but I can handle that! The "morning sickness" or more like all-day-every-day sickness (or as I like to call "progesterone poisoning") seemed to be more than I could bare some days. I am very thankful to be feeling better.
The boys are SO excited about having a new baby in momma's tummy! They have been so cute about it from the time we told them. T, of course, understood right away what we were talking about. His response was, "But… You're belly's not big…?"
P has slowly come around. His first response was, "I'm going to be in your tummy??" After explaining to him that there was a new baby in mommy's tummy he responded with, "That's cwazy!"
And Koko, well… He still has no idea.
The two big boys talk about the baby and make mention to him/her often. From the very beginning Tristan has said the baby is a girl and he's not changed his opinion for a second. And in the same sureness, Peyton says it's a boy! I have no clue who is right… We should find out within the next month though… :)
Here are some name suggestions from the boys:
Boy names:
Baby Joel (their cousin)
Baby Finley (also their cousin)
Baby Keith (they know a couple of Keiths… one is a friend of theirs and the other is their Aunt's boyfriend)
Jesus ("That's a good name!" -T said)
God (…I'm still speechless about this one…)
Girl names:
Aunt Kayla (obviously, their Aunt)
Aunt Sarah (yeah, the thing is… they don't even have an Aunt Sarah??)
Sarah
Dora (yes, as in "Dora The Explorer")
Brandon and I have yet to talk about names for the baby. If you'll remember, Kohen wasn't named for the longest time. I hope this baby will have a name soon but that requires us actually sitting down and talking about it! Sigh. I love thinking about the fact that God knows this baby's name. Even before the foundations of this earth were laid, He knew. Wow. Does that give anyone else the chills it gives me??
More exciting baby news: I felt the baby move yesterday for the fist time! I knew as soon as I felt the little thump thumps, that it was the baby moving. What a wonderful feeling! It never gets old.
I'm sure there is much more to cover that I am just not going to get to this time. But I will try to not let a month go by again before posting what's going on with the Davis family. Until next time...
"Every good gift and every perfect gift
is from the Father of lights with whom there is
no variation or shadow due to change." -James 1:17
Love this post! The baby names from the boys crack me up =) You're right, God has His own plan and it's so amazing to see it first hand. I still love that our pregnancies are so close...I just felt the thumps or fluttering a couple weeks ago, but, of course, I wasn't sure what it was at first. It is the most amazing feeling! I'm glad you're feeling better now!
ReplyDeleteI love you friend and am SO EXCITED for your baby no.4! Can't wait to find out what it is and to celebrate this new blessing in yalls lives!
ReplyDeletea gift indeed. perhaps the name sarah is from their old friend, "warah jay"? love you dear friend.
ReplyDelete