Pages

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Then and even Today

I am too tired to write, but feel the need to. Strange? Maybe. Even so, it's true. I need to update on the boys, recap from our Easter celebration weekend and family get together which have all taken place since I last blogged but instead, I have decided I'd share from my journal tonight. I know... a blog, a journal and lots of other things to keep up with aside from the rest of my crazy-fun-busy-messed up-unfolded laundry life. I wrote this entry yesterday.

Monday~ April 12, 2010
I think this might be the slowest I've ever taken to work through a journal. I have written in many journals over the years and this one barely has a dint in it and I've been writing it it since the week before Kohen was born. Shameful, I do admit.

I love to journal.

I desire to journal.


I have a lot to write about.


I don't have (and also don't make) time to journal these days.


A lot of days I am just busy doing other things during my "free time". Like, waste my time on the internet (facebook, email, blog and just plain ole' browsing) or I watch a show (most of the time this is also done on the internet since we don't have cable) or doing my bible study (I wish this was my excuse more often than it is but honesty it's not). I also do lots of dishes, clothes and general cleaning around the house.


In my not so "free time" I also do all of the above while the boys are also needing to be taken care of. You see, I'm a multi-tasker. :) I play with them, chase them, read to them, feed them, bathe them, spank them... I think you get the point.
Life is so full right now.

In all of our business I don't want to be too busy to pay attention and retain what goes on. That is one thing keeping a journal helps with.

*Deep sigh*

So I will write when I can. Trying to fill these pages with the stories of our lives. Things I pray I will always remember and if for some reason I forget, I can open this book and many more much like it and read from my own hand what life was like.

Today:

There are piles of laundry on our overstuffed chair. Clean, folded and ready to be put away. They have been sitting there for 4 days now.

The 20" tv we were given by from friends that are moving isn't quite as small as I'd hoped. It doesn't fit in our armoire along with the boys "put away" toys, being able to be hidden to help keep the appearance of a "picked up" house. The fact that it's not small enough did not, however, keep Brandon from stuffing it (and half of the toys) in the armoire to "make it work". He also used books to elevate the tv. Books. This doesn't thrill me.

We recently spent time with half of our very large family. Ate good food, enjoyed great conversations, played cards and stayed up too late every night we were together. Being around family makes me miss family at the same time. It's a weird emotion.

Kohen has been very discontent today which makes me think he was probably held a little much last weekend. We will survive this.

I skipped 3 weeks in my Beth Moore study in order to catch up with the other ladies in the study group. I have been overwhelmingly behind. Now that I am doing it again I remember how good it is.

As I'm writing this Brandon has the big boys outside they are undoubtedly looking for lizards since this is their new obsession. Okay, mainly just Tristan's new obsession, Peyton just follows and Daddy catches them.

I am enjoying the quiet (along with the sound of the ceiling fan and Kohen's swing).

Today I am trusting God and resting in this peace- He knows what is best for me. He is good and He is for me.

Leanna

~

This is actually one of those late nights I was going to write a random post about who knows what. But instead I scrounged something up out of the draft pile... I wrote this back in April and never posted it for whatever reason. When I pulled it up and read it, I decided to post it because even though the events of today were much different from the events from April 12, 2010, my end thoughts are very much the same.

Today, October 5, 2010, I am trusting God and resting in this peace- He knows what is best for me. He is good and He is for me.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Leanna, I loved this post! I used to journal so much when I was younger...not sure why I stopped. I guess it's just hard to find time to write down my thoughts. After reading this post, I might have to break out the old journal again. Hope everything is going well with you and the family!

    ReplyDelete