P is our early bird. When he wakes up, he's awake. Whether that's 8 am or 6 am.B and I like to be up in the mornings before the crazies wake up. Spend some time in the Word, drinking coffee and have some conversation before the business of the day starts. This doesn't happen everyday of course, but it's a good goal.
This morning we were joined (like most mornings) by our middle child first. He actually crawled into bed with us before our alarms even went off.
So, our morning routine was sprinkled with P and his adorable antics. As I watched him this morning I had to smile. He is growing up so fast. Too fast.
I don't want to forget the way he is this morning.
His fuzzy curly blonde hair.
His love for chocolate milk.
Him suggesting we get the milk out of the fridge "togebher" because it was "berry heaby". A fresh gallon.
His request to eat pudding for breakfast. A frequent request that always gets rejected. He never gives up though. He had yogart instead.
Him up on his tiptoes to reach the spoon out of the utensil drawer.
He used not 1, not 2 but 3 spoons to eat his yogart. I didn't notice until the third. He said the others were old.
His warmth as he climbed up next to me in my chair.
Him finding all the "P's" on the page while I read in Philipians. There were plenty. And if you ask him, he says, "P is for me!"
Playing with the blocks in a bowl and "eating" them with a large spoon from the kitchen. Block soup is one of our favorites.
His rough love to his Daddy as he left for work. Hugs around his knees while growling out, "I love you daddy!"
His sweet greeting to Tristan as he woke up (after 9!) "Dood morning, Tisten."
Sigh
These are such sweet and precious things I wish to remember always.
AWWW love this post! Love that you focus on each child even when you have 3 and are super busy! :) So important and such a neat thing to see!
ReplyDelete