Everyone says the second child will always potty train before the first did. "He'll basically train himself as he watches big brother!" I've heard this a lot. Or, "He will want to be just like his big brother so he'll get tired of wearing diapers and not underwear." Wouldn't you know... our second would prove them ALL wrong. He is interested one day and the next day he's completely oblivious to the world of potty-ing anywhere else but in his diaper. I have been trying not to fret over the whole ordeal. Knowing, he will eventually get it. ...right?
I recently got his answer as to why he hasn't potty trained. I thought I should share...
After filling up a very stinky diaper, Peyton tells me he is stinky (he'll love me for this post some day). As I change him we have this conversation:
Me- "Shewie! You stink Peyton!"
P- (whimpers)
Me- "Peyton, you really need to start going poopoo in the big potty. This is stinky!"
P- "I can't." (whimpers)
Me- "Yes you can! You're a big boy! And if you go in the potty you can wear underwear and no more diapers."
P- (whimpers)
Me- "You're a big boy and big boys need to go poopoo and teetee in the potty. Then we won't have to deal with anymore of this stinky diaper stuff! Don't you want to go poopoo and teetee in the potty?"
P- "I can't." (whimpers again)
Me- "Why not?"
P- "Moommmmmyyy..... I'm a kitty cat!" (ends in a meow-whimper)
Ahhh. That makes perfect sense.
LOL!! He'll do it when he's ready!! That's my mantra! Somebody once told me that nobody goes to kindergarten wearing a diaper...so, relax. He'll do it...give that kitty cat some time! :)
ReplyDelete