Pages

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Doctors

Recently our pediatrician suggested we drink more milk. I was glad when he said this because sometimes it's nice to "pass the buck" if you will by saying, "Boys we're not drinking juice right now. Remember, the doctor says we need to drink more milk." I could just say "No, we're drinking milk. Not juice." But sometimes it's nice to give them another reason instead of the usual because I said so. You know? (keep this in mind)

The other night at dinner this was our conversation while eating dinner...

T- "Mommy, I want some more juice."

Me- "I know you do but we have had plenty of juice today and it's getting close to bedtime so you can have milk or water."

T- "Aww... but I don't love milk and water."

Me- "Well, milk and water make you strong and keep you healthy! You should love them. And our Dr said we need to drink more milk. Remember that?"

T- "Yes.

But...

Mommy...

Dr Moody says...

I can have juice!"


For those of you who don't know, Dr Moody is our Pastor! Ha! I then proceeded to explain (although I'm not sure why) how Dr Moody wasn't that kind of doctor. Tristan was still not convinced Dr Moody wouldn't have let him have juice. No matter what kind of doctor he is.

I just laughed as I filled his cup...

with water.

3 comments:

  1. Leanna, this made me laugh out loud! Oh my word!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is hilarious!! Got to love them Doctors!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

    This is so awesome! (The last post, too, about the fish biting.) You will have such a great record of these conversations that tie your brain in knots!

    I remember these.

    ReplyDelete