We are slowly (but surely) starting to get things ready for Kohen's arrival! This past weekend we spent all day Saturday moving furniture around. And when I say we I really mean Brandon moved furniture around... I just pointed and vacuumed when needed.
The boys have shared a room since we moved here just over a year ago. They have done great even from the beginning being roommates. We didn't think adding a baby into the mix would be wise, even if there was room in their room to add another bed (which there is not). So Kohen will have his own room until he is old enough to join his big brothers (or gets bombarded with another sibling down the road).
Here are the boys in their new Big Beds! Tristan moved up from a toddler bed to a twin size bed...
Along with his sleeping buddies Scot and Puppy.
Peyton moved out of the baby crib and into the Cars toddler bed...
With his sleeping buddies Puppy and Giraffe (his other buddy that didn't make it in the picture but I'm sure isn't far).
Tristan is SO proud of his Big Bed! Friday we had already gotten his new sheets and blanket for his big bed even though it wasn't going to be set up until the next day. Going to bed that night he said, "Momma, I need my big bed. Not this one..." pointing to the Cars bed. I told him that this was his last night to sleep in the Cars bed. He was okay with that. He jumped into bed, not another question asked. Oh and it was one of the first things he mentioned the next morning... "I'm gonna have a BIG BED!"
Peyton was so extremely excited about his new bed that it took him a lot longer to go to sleep than usual. You have to know that Peyton usually falls asleep while you're walking him to his bed! He has never been one to argue with sleep. But has already realized his new freedoms that come with this big boy bed! Like the fact that he can, oh I don't know, GET OUT OF BED! He was found... playing in the closet... playing with the door stop... and just standing at their door starring down the hallway at us. Each of these times he was put back in his bed only to be found doing the next thing. I have a feeling this is going to be fun...
The first night in their new beds they actually ended up falling asleep in the same bed! It was priceless. Brandon went to check on them and he quickly came back and got me to follow him into their room to see them... they had both fallen asleep on Tristan's bed! Tristan was actually laying on Peyton's back like he was a pillow! It was so sweet. I wish I had taken a picture!
It's hard to believe our boys are as big as they are. And they're doing nothing but getting bigger everyday! I know when Kohen gets here they're going to seem even bigger. I'm not sure I'm ready for that yet! Good thing we have 6 weeks left before he gets here. Wait!!!! What?!?!?!?!

So true. Leanna, you are great at this blogging thing!!! It was a lot of fun to move the stuff around and even better to find those two sound asleep on each other:-)
ReplyDeleteB
YAY!!! Such BIG boys!!! I can't wait to meet Kohen! We love yall and your fam! Your boys are precious!
ReplyDeleteWe moved Abby to a "big" bed at about 9 months so that she could get used to it not being her bed before we moved in with my mom and dad for the time that Brandon was deployed. She only got out of bed once that I know of. It was really funny to find her the next morning laying on the floor next to her babies. I think she was moving them into her bed with her and fell asleep. When we moved Emma up to the big bed, Emma got out every night and climbed in with Abby so we just forgot the whole two bed thing. lol. They both share a bed now and probably will until they get too big to do that. Hey, I'm not complaining. lol. It saves us floor space. :) I love reading your blog. You have such a sweet family and your kids are adorable!
ReplyDeleteWow, I can't believe how big your boys are! Seriously, I think its been almost a year since I've seen them, they are so cute!
ReplyDeleteJulia has been in a big bed for a while now and it is still a CONSTANT fight EVERY night to get her to stay in her bed!!! It's like she just HAS to get up a minimum of 4 or 5 times!!!!
ReplyDeleteThe boys look sooo cute in their beds!!!
They are sooo cute!! I wanna steal these pics for my room..lol =)Always love reading your blog!!
ReplyDeleteKayla