Although he is has such a big personality and attitude that he fits with 3 very well.
"Um, Mom..." Is his new starter to many of his questions that often spark very interesting conversations.
And since when did I become... "Mom"?!? In truth this new title of mine has not completely replaced "Momma" or "Mommy". Thankfully.
Lately T's "exercising of independence" as a good friend called it recently has gotten much more frequent. He is such a big boy sometimes (in his mind) that he often has to be reminded that he's not quite that big just yet.
There are so many things about this little guy that I adore and pray never change! Like his love for being a big brother...
Whether he's leading little brother around the Spray Park or dressed up as Super Heros (in Daddy's socks of course)... he loves being the big brother and planning their next adventure.
He loves to help out in the kitchen...
Any time I'm doing something he thinks looks interesting, he is right there watching and waiting to help with whatever he can. (He rolled all but 1 and a half of those by the way)
He gets a kick out of making people laugh...
This was his lunch attire a few days ago. Just because. He thought my reaction was pretty funny when I turned around to see his goggle covered face starring at me. You see he had not been goggled just moments before, I was pleasantly surprised to say the least! And I could not stop laughing! He thought it was the funniest thing ever and even better that it was because of him that I was cracking up!
He wants to be just like his Daddy...
From the first time B had his bow out shooting getting ready for this upcoming bow season, Tristan decided he needed a bow too. So B told him he would get one when he turned 3. From that moment on it was the only thing he wanted for his birthday, a bow like his Daddy's bow. Seriously for a solid month the only thing he would talk about was, "On my birthday I'm gonna get my bow. And we're going to go to the porest (forest) and shoot my bow. I'm gonna shoot a deer!" I am so thankful we were able to find one!

He is learning to love Jesus and The Word of God. He loves to sing songs to and about The Lord. And has done an amazing job learning bible verses! He knows...
Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right. -Ephesians 6:1
Love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul (he would say soldiers up until a month ago) and with all your strength. -Deuteronomy 6:5
Make a joyful noise to the Lord, all the earth. Psalm 100:1
I pray God will use T's tender and loving heart as he grows and matures and one day make him into a Man after His own heart.
We have been so blessed these past three years with our Tristan Yates. I have laughed and cried thinking back on memories and looking at pictures from when he was just a little peanut on a sonogram picture to the first time I laid my eyes on him! The time has just flown by but I have loved every minute of it and can't wait to see what the next days, weeks, months and years will bring. But as far as today goes...
We'll keep working on being 3.
awww! He's so sweet! I think he looks like such a darling. Abby is memorizing verses in "school" too but she is so easily distracted that "God saw all that he had made and it was very good" mostly turns into "God saw that it was very good." when I try to get her to repeat it. lol. You have such a cute, sweet family.
ReplyDeleteBTW, I don't know how many time I've looked at your blog and wondered what "In the Middle of Me" meant, b4 I saw the S&S reference. Lol. And I listen to that song ALL THE TIME.... I don't know where my mind was. :)
ReplyDeleteThis post was so sweet!! I can't believe he is 3!! And I am just KK!! The pictures are so cute!! As always I enjoyed your post, thanks for writing!! =)
ReplyDeletesweet boaz in that picture. i did not remember how little he was. now he's on my couch snooring!
ReplyDelete