I use the title "FOUR" on T's birthday post and I'm pregnant. I mention a "change in my diet" and I'm pregnant again! Well, I'm not actually pregnant but you think I am, apparently. Ha!
Hmm... I guess I can see where all the preconceived ideas come from. I mean, I have spent a large portion of the last 5 years pregnant. So, I get it. But no... I am not pregnant. This time anyway. ;)
These are some of the food items I have been eating lately...
(Yes, those are spaghettios. Don't judge me.)
I am obviously not on a weight loss diet. I am on a mushy, easy to chew or just plain swallow diet. And I have been for a couple of weeks now.
Why? Well, I'm glad you asked.
Because...
Drum roll please
I have braces!! I got them on just after New Years. It has been an adjustment, what with not getting to eat all that I'm used to eating and getting used to a mouth full of metal. But I am thrilled to have them on! It's something I have wanted for a long time. My Mom & Dad are blessing me with them. Isn't that awesome?!
I'm using an orthodontist in San Angelo (she's the same lady that is doing my sis's ortho work) so I will get to see our Angelo family every 4-6 weeks or so. That is very exciting!!
The boys are funny with me having them. Kohen saw them right away but didn't seem to care. The big boys didn't notice for a day or two. When they did notice them, (it was at different times) they both said the same words, "WOW! Mommy, what's in your mouth?!" I smiled and showed them. Their responses were exactly the same (remember, these were two different instances) "How did you get those on your teeth?" and then "Can you take them off?" When I answered them they said "Oh..." With a BIG smile and wide eyes.
They are quite intrigued. Now they call them "Mommy's bracelets". T also tells me often that he needs bracelets too. After which I respond with, "Well babe, I hope not. But we'll see..." and he says, "Ok!" and giggles.
Brandon has given me a few new "pet names". We're known for our nicknames for each other. Along with the usual Babe, Teddy, Cletus, Love... there is now, Brace Face, Metal Mouth and oh yeah, Train Tracks. Hehehe. I hope you're not offended for me. It's perfect and helps me keep things light when I get frustrated. He knows exactly how to make me laugh. I love that guy.
So, there you have it! Oh! Wanna see my new smile?
: )x)
You are so funny!!!! I love the explination and the name calling.
ReplyDelete