Pages

Thursday, January 20, 2011

And now...

I am going to attempt to start and finish a post to cover our Christmas 2010. Apparently I am waaay overdue on posting or at least that's what my awesome-wonderful-baby-sister keeps telling me and a certain cousin who will remain nameless (Kari - cough - cough). Did I mention I may be coming down with something?

So, here I am to update. And let me just warn you, there's a lot to cover! I will try to stay on point but I will admit I do feel a little "Captain Random" today...

The holidays were fast and furious, as I'm sure yours were too.  I never got around to doing anything this year for Advent but I have some really neat ideas cooking up for next year.

We did successfully decorate our tree and over the course of the month, Kohen single handedly broke nearly all of our glass ornaments. If you're thinking, "What was she thinking putting them on the tree with a one year old in the house in the first place?!" I don't blame you, they are my thoughts too.

It only took 2 photo shoots but we successfully took pictures for our 2010 cards. I posted a little preview a few weeks ago. They turned out really great! Aside from our family pictures for the card, I didn't take as many pictures this December as I have in the past. Not really sure why. But that's beside the point.

Here are my favorites from Round 1:
 Davis Family Christmas 2010

 A swinging T.

 Ko eating up some "daddy time".

 Mommy makes a good play-ground, apparently.


Round 2:
I loved how their singles turned out! They fit them perfectly.

 Trying to get them to look in the same direction is always a challenge.

This was the best close up of all 3 of them.

I love their stinky little feet. 

Other happenings around Christmas:

The boys and I went and helped Memaw decorate her tree. If you look closely at the tree you will note there are a LOT of ornaments right at 3ft and under. We had a good time. It's nice living close to family again.

We went to "Breakfast with an Angel" at Glen Meadows Baptist Church in San Angelo, where some of our family serve in ministry. This is a picture of the boys with the Angel, who happens to be their Aunt Jessica! Don't the boys look thrilled? They really do love their Aunt Jess, it had just been a long morning. 

 T at his Christmas party at school! I got to go and hang out at his party with all his little friends and the other mommies. It was fun :)

 Here he is with his teacher and classmates about to play a game.

These were the little gifts he gave his friends. They were pretzel snowmen, so yummy and fun to make!

Our morning to open presents:

 Sleepy eyed and ready to open presents! Well, all except for Kohen, he was not about to go without his milk. Presents or not.


Finding their little treasures in their stockings with Daddy there to supervise.

A puzzle for Peyton, the puzzle master!

 Trucks for Kohen, he loves anything with wheels!

 A magna doodle for Tristan, he loves to draw!

The boys got these balloons in their stockings. They are the "punching" balloons, like from when I was a kid! I cannot tell you how much they loved these. We spent $4 on them. Hours of fun. Who knew?

The boys were so great opening their presents. They were thankful and excited with each gift. We love giving our children gifts and being able to watch the joy and excitement in their eyes. Such a beautiful thing.
Dah dah dah!
Okay, THIS is what I got for Christmas! I know, right?! I was so incredibly excited and really overwhelmed. There are no pictures of me or B opening our presents. The camera died while the boys were opening theirs. I couldn't find any more batteries but B insisted he go ahead and open his presents without the camera. Then, when it was my turn to open presents, he put new batteries in it and videoed me... that should have been a clue that I was getting something really good, but I had no idea! He is the best! (And yes, that's what I am typing on even now... Hehehe. I'm still giddy about it!)

Family Christmas Festivities: 
 T telling Gram and Papaw all about his presents.

Davis Christmas get together.

 Time for presents!

 Can you see Aunt Kayla's cute little baby bump? That is Baby Finley! 
He's expected sometime this Spring!

P opening a bag of goodies and T got a Puppy! Just kidding about the puppy. She was a gift but not for us, Praise the Lord. Their Aunt Jordan got a boxer puppy for Christmas. But if you were to ask T, he would tell you we need to get a puppy. Ahem, moving along...

Ko and Uncle David on Christmas morning. There are two things you need to know about this picture,
1. Kohen wouldn't go to anyone else but Uncle David after he woke up that morning for the longest time. He loves Uncle "Day-bid", as the boys call him. 
2. This is 1 of the 3 pictures I took Christmas morning. I know, I am ashamed.

 Our Sushi lunch with family before we went shopping with our Christmas cash we got from my Mom and Dad. Hmm... Not sure why I only have a picture of the food. I do remember it being really good but the company was even better! We had a kid-free shopping trip thanks to my Aunt Bev, who watched the boys for us. That was a HUGE gift in and of itself! It would have been perfect had we not been missing Jeff & Lori and their boys. But thanks to Skype we did get to visit with them. Thank you Lord for technology!

 This is my Mom's Christmas village. David took this picture with his phone! I think it's really cool...
and Christmasy so I thought it was a good one to wrap up with.

We had an awesome 2010, and Christmastime was the perfect way to wrap it up! Fun with lots of family and friends. Laughter, gifts, talks about our Savior and commitments as a family to serve Him more next year. Beautiful times, pictures or no pictures :)

As Tristan used to say after he was finished praying, "That's all I got!"

For tonight anyway. I will post soon about spending New Years in Mexico, what we did and how I got there. Also, a recent change in my diet! ;) 

See you soon!  

2 comments:

  1. Leanna, thanks for sharing. Christmas was so much fun this year with two three year olds and a one year old. Angela is expecting #2 in May. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's about time....

    ReplyDelete