Pages

Friday, January 29, 2010

Brown Green and Blue

Brown.

In all my wildest dreams I would have never thought I would be re-raising my brother. But I am! Tristan looks so much like his Uncle Jeff (my older and only brother), it's scary. My mom even says so! I do realize of course that he is in fact not my brother. But there are some days when he shoots me a very mischievous grin that I have seen my whole life and I know to get ready because most of the time he's not about to do something... the deed is already been done! These beautiful browns that so easily give him away are from me. And where did I get them? My mom. Her? Oh, her mom. What about Memaw? Her Daddy, Pappaw. See where I'm going with this? It's a family thing. I'm glad at least one of my children has the Browns and will (hopefully) continue our little tradition.

Tristan is becoming such big boy. He is a helper (most days). And what a good big brother he is as well! When he is not torturing Peyton he is leading him fearlessly into a new adventure. It is precious to watch them play, when they're not trying to harm each other of course. And he is so sweet with Kohen. When Kohen cries T tells me what Kohen needs... "Mommy, you need to feed him. He's hunrgy." Apparently that's usually all that's wrong according to T. Just last night while I was finishing up my portion of dinner before I let Brandon take over, Kohen was letting us all know he was ready to eat. T and the daddy had this conversation:

T- "Mommy needs to feed Kohen."

B- "Do you think Daddy could feed him?"

T- "No... Mommy does."

B- "Well, why can't daddy feed him?"

T pulls open B's shirt and says "See daddy... they're not in there."

So true son. So true. Daddy doesn't have the goods needed to feed baby Kohen.


Green.

When I was pregnant with Peyton I just knew he was a girl! Naturally, since we already had a boy we were going to have a girl... right? Well we now know this is so not the case, even on your 3rd pregnancy after having all boys, it doesn't have to be a girl. Before we had the ultrasound to find out he was a boy I had already imagined having a little brown eyed brown haired little girl, a mini me of sorts. And instead... I got a mini Brandon! Yes the beautiful green eyes came from his daddy and I adore them. He also inherited his Daddy's large noggin and is constantly bumping into things or falling off of them! This picture above is one of the few I have of him without bruises. He also has his Daddy's ability to fall asleep almost instantly. Seriously, it's true and it never seizes to amaze me (probably because I am jealous). He is such a little lover, his love language is physical touch (again, mini Brandon). He loves to sit and cuddle and loves to be loved on.

Although he is over all quieter than his older brother he has quite the vocabulary. He says EVERYTHING Tristan says. Which is not always a good thing and often gets them both in trouble. Here are a few of our favorite words in "Peytonese":

"Mease" - Please
"O" - Open
"Murk" - Milk
"Murmurk" - Oatmeal
"Munder" - Thunder
"Kiner Keener" - Vacuum cleaner
"Byper" - Diaper
"Sysisaur!" - Dinosaur (apparently you're not allowed say this word unless you say it with a scary voice)
"Dun" - Gun
"Mermitch" - Sandwich
"I soddy" - I'm sorry
"Peepeen" - Airplane
"Brrr" - Bear
"Ret" - Red
"Wowwow" - Yellow
"Boo" - Blue
"Perpoo" - Purple
"Deen" - Green
"Tistan" - Tristan
"Tonen" and "Konen" - Kohen
"Toemeniteeaaaameeeooonnn!" - To infinity and beyond! -Buzz lightyear

This little green eyed monster is something else and he plays the roll of the middle child very well (I would know).

Blue.

Okay, I know I'm the mother of this child so I am (and have every right to be) a little bias but doesn't this just melt your heart?!?! Sigh. Kohen is our blued eyed baby! I hope they stay blue because they are just beautiful. Peyton had blue eyes up until he was 18ish months old before they turned green. So, who knows! I do know we will enjoy them while they last.

At 2 months old, Kohen weighs 15 1/2 lbs! What can I say? We raise big boys! :) He is a delight. He loves to laugh and coo. He laughs most at Daddy and big brother Tristan. He's also sleeping through the night most nights! Yay! Life is much easier with newborns when you can get some sleep.

He loves watching the big boys play. I wish I could get into his head and know what he is thinking! But I'm sure he can't wait until he can play along with them. Our boys are loud... VERY LOUD. If you have ever been around our family when the big boys are awake, you know this to be true. (just for the record I fully blame their father) But what cracks me up is that Kohen very seldom gets flustered or frightened from all the noise! Even in the first few days he was home from the hospital. So you see, I know he will fit right in. Wrestling, hunting dinosaurs, playing with cars and playing getting dirty outside... you better look out... Konan the Barbarian is coming soon!

2 comments:

  1. I love it!! Cute blog title! Your kids are so adorable and your post is awesome! I didn't even realize Peyton's eyes had changed. I will have to pay more attention =D
    -K

    ReplyDelete
  2. All three of your boys are so blessed to have you as a mother and Brandon as a father. They are so adorable! (my lil nephews) lol!
    *Jacquie*

    ReplyDelete