We had our second sonogram done a couple of weeks ago and baby boy had a clean bill of health! The cyst that had been found in the previous sonogram was gone! Glory be to God! He was gracious to answer our prayers and heal our baby. I was 26 weeks the day I had the sono done and he was measuring 26 weeks and 5 days, meaning he's a big boy! Of course we could've told them that he was going to be. The nurse actually said his head was a bit large and again we could've called that too!
I am growing and feeling huge a lot of days. But I also realize I have a lot of growing to do before November gets here! Tristan has noticed that mommy is growing also. He LOVES to talk to the baby in mommy's tummy. Just the other day he asked to talk to the baby. This is what he said:
T "Hi baby, what are you doing? What are you doing in there?"
Me "What's he doing?"
T "Um... he's playing. He's playing in the ball."
It took me all of 3 sec to realize I was the "ball" he was referring to!
Peyton is still oblivious to the fact that he is no longer the baby and that there will be an intruder in November that we will all fondly refer to as his little brother. I am praying it won't be a hard transition for him. He is so good at being the baby! And doesn't love it when I or Brandon hold another baby. Not at all. It might make for some interesting stories and blog posts for our future. Stay tuned...
After much deliberation and prayer we finally came up with a name for this baby boy! His name is Kohen Miles Davis. Isn't that sweet? We love it!! Kohen is hebrew word for Priest (actually spelled Cohen after translation) and Miles is a family name. My great parents last name. It was not an easy decision but we are thrilled with the outcome and can't wait to put a face with the name!
Tristan likes the name Kohen for his baby brother and has decided that the monkey he often sleeps with is now named Kohen as well. He also wants Peyton to be able to say it. Tristan to Peyton earlier this week:
T "Peyton, can you say Kohen?"
P "Todee."
T "Say Ta Ta Ta... Ko hen."
P "Da Da Da... Todee."
I believe he was trying to say, "Ka" for the 'K' sound but it came out all wrong. We're still working on it. Both, Tristan's teaching skills and Peyton being able to say Kohen.
I'd like to brag for a minute on my hubby. A few weekends ago Brandon had planned on going on an axis hunt that had been on his calendar since early spring. The night before he was to leave on this hunt he got a call that it had been canceled! He was very disappointed and had been so looking forward to the hunt along with spending time with some of his good friends. He had the weekend off and had already lined up people to fill in for him Sunday. So what did he do? He took me off for the weekend! We dropped the boys off with the grands and headed Dallas. We had a great time!
With all that's gone on this summer (Camp, World Changers, Mission trips, Staff retreat, etc.) we haven't had much time together. From the end of May through the beginning of this month he was gone every other week from the boys and me (except for camp when I went with him). So it was very nice to get away with my honey. We have so much fun together. He makes me laugh like no one else. He is the best and I thank God for him every day.
I am so glad this summer is coming to a close. It has been a long one! Fall is quickly approaching, you can almost smell it. Well... I did say almost. I am so ready for cooler weather. This fall holds a lot for us as a family. Like, a third child being born and Brandon finishing up his education at The Criswell College in Dallas. He has 3 classes to complete and he'll be finished in December! Yay!! I am so proud of him for sticking with it. I know it's not been easy.
As far as our decorating expedition going on in our home... I am loving the color!!!!!!!!! I can't even say how nice it has been not to be starring at the apples and finally see some reflection of who we are on our walls. We are far from finished and I would be posting a picture but for some reason I am having trouble loading pictures today. Shucks. I guess you'll just have to wait and see the finished product! (or maybe I'll post a sneak peek sometime next week:)
I had planned on posting pictures along with this post but as I said, blogger is acting dumb for me. So that will just encourage me to post some soon. I have really dropped the ball on blogging lately. I do enjoy it and have said so often that it would be good to sit and blog. But the times I have I've been so muddled in my thoughts, when things come out they just haven't sounded right. I am blaming this on my "pregnant brain".
Hear me out on this. I am convinced when you get pregnant someone sneaks into your home in the middle of the night and snatches the brain you are currently functioning on and replaces it with a "pregnant brain". This brain will not allow you to remember simple addition at the grocery store, cause you to look for your keys for 5 minutes while they're actually in your left hand, forget your own maiden name, not allow you to remember you have already washed your hair twice so you wash it yet a third time and you most will definitely change subjects mid sentence without missing a beat. All the while the people around you are wondering what is wrong with you! I am so looking forward to sometime around November when that same someone will sneak back into my house and give me back my not so crazy non-pregnant brain.
Well, I believe that's it for now. I'm not sure if it's all in here but I am done for the night. Plus my Oreos are long gone. Hope you enjoyed my ramblings. Until next time...
Yay! I LOVE the name Kohen! Ya'll have picked out the cutest names for your boys.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the catch up! I love hearing about what's going on with ya'll. I also love the name Kohen Miles. Good choice!
ReplyDeleteAmy W.
I have loved getting to read this blog! We haven't had time for ANYTHING this past month or two - keeping up with our neighbors has not been something we've been able to do! I'm so excited about all the changes going on in yalls life! Kohen is absolutely a great name and I can't wait to see the new color!! Hope you guys have a wonderful weekend and before we move - we've got to get together a few times!!!
ReplyDelete