Pages

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Plain Vanilla

I don't like chocolate ice cream. Never have and unless I have a weird pregnancy craving that alters my taste buds forever, I probably never will. I really like Cookies N Cream (bluebell of course) and one of my new favorites is Moollenium Crunch (also bluebell... is there any other?). The point is, I don't consider myself to fit in the "plain vanilla" mold. Even though vanilla is very good! It's just not what I would say defines me as a person or an ice cream flavor for that matter.

We have lived in our house for nearly a year now. I love our home and while I love it there are things about it that still don't reflect who we are. For instance... Apples. On the rare occasion I will find I want to eat an apple or maybe a really greasy baked apple pie from McDonalds. But I have never thought they would be something to decorate my home with. This is a picture of our dinning area. Note the Apple border...

This is our kitchen...

Wait... are those little polka dots?? Nope... guess again!

Apples. I am, and have been for sometime, sick and tired of apples. I assume the people that lived here before us loved their apples and I guess for that reason chose to put them up on the walls in the first place. But the apples must go!

I don't claim to be an overly creative person. I enjoy crafty things and have come up with some cute ideas here and there. I enjoy photography, art and have dabbled in a lot of artsy things. I will say about myself that my creative monkeys (if you will) are wild untamed (hard to catch at times) and other times they are too tired to even think straight (especially the pregnant ones). On that note... I'm not sure if it was the monkeys or me that came up with a new decor plan for our kitchen, dinning room and living room. Nevertheless, there is a plan in motion!

Even though we have started the process of riding our lives of all things Apple, I will not be posting pics for a few weeks. I am so excited about the colors and can't wait until it's all finished! Here's a bit of insight to our color pallet with names like "Invigorate" "Gulf stream" & "Riverbed's Edge". The names may not say much but I will tell you they are definitely NOT Plain Vanilla!

4 comments:

  1. That's funny that you just posted this blog, check out my new background on my blog!! I like apples. However, I wouldn't wanna be looking at them all the time either. I can't wait to see the transition from apples to orange!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw yay!!! I can't wait to see it once you're done! getting rid of wallpaper is SUCH a stress reliever!! I would just sit and stare at our walls forever and wonder - why did we not do this sooner!!! Good luck!!!! Let us know if you need any help or anything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have homeschool on the brain. lol. When I saw your dining area, I was like, "Awww! That would be the perfect decoration for a school room." but yeah, mostly I don't like apples either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. isn't it wonderful to be able to improve your home- and be able to reflect your personality? i'm not an apple fan, on the walls that is. i need to come see the improvements! love you-

    ReplyDelete