Last summer we limited his use (haha is sounds like I'm talking about drugs or something!) to only nap time and bed time. This worked really well. It has been cute to see him throw his pacifier under his pillow with his fussy hair and red cheeks after a good nap so he could go on with his day.
On many occasions I have:
Bought one at the store to shut him up, replacing the one we lost while at the store. I have scrounged the entire house only to find it was hiding in my back pocket all along. I swore the past couple of times we moved we would find a jackpot of all the lost pacifiers, only to maybe find one behind the baby bed.
And it's all over! This past Sunday night we couldn't find Tassy... anywhere. We have been saying for weeks we were going to take it away once and for all. He is almost 2 1/2... it's time. But even though we'd been saying it didn't mean we would actually follow through and pick the night to do it. Well it just so happened the night picked us! We searched high and low for that thing. I know what you're thinking... why would we only have one? Tristan had been teething a few weeks ago and was chewing through them left and right so we were down to one without holes.
Sunday night it was getting closer to bed time and I could only find one that had holes all in it (why I hadn't thrown it away is beyond me). Thinking it would work for the night and I'd find the good one the next day and we would go on, I gave it to him. Our conversation went something like this:
T- "Oh No! It's broke-dent (broken)"
Me- "It is broken, we should probably throw it in the trash." (I really thought he would say 'no thank you' or put it back in his mouth and run away)
T- "OH! Ok!"
He went right over to the trash can and chunked it! My wide eyes watched him walk away. I was in total shock! The rest of the evening went well. He did ask for it again once before bed time but quickly remembered where it was. It was an adjustment for him, it took him 30 minutes to go to sleep when it usually only takes him 10ish minutes.
We have been Tassy-free for almost 3 days now. And he's doing great!
Yeah!!! Good job Tristan!!!!!!!!
ReplyDelete~kari