I've been doing a lot of "nesting" lately. Going through closets, cleaning the van, rearranging furniture, getting rid of furniture, boxing up clothes and toys to send to Mexico, trying to fill out the older boys baby books so I can feel less guilty about starting yet another one... Stuff like that.
One afternoon last week there was a bit of a cool breeze so the boys and I went out in the front yard to play and wait for Brandon to get home. While we were out there, I decided I needed to get something out of the van. Before I knew it, I was cleaning out the van... Every crack and cranny. When Brandon got home, he found me and two of the boys in the van (they were "helping") and one still playing outside of it waiting for him to get home. He had a very puzzled look on his face when I told him I just needed the van clean. He went in the house, changed clothes and came out with cleaning supplies and helped me clean it to my liking. {Can I just say, I have an amazingly wonderful husband! Okay, back to my story...} About 15 minutes from being finished he asked me, "So... is this what they mean when they say a pregnant woman is 'nesting'??" My answer was simply, "Yes. I think it is."
Well today, I am... blog nesting. Is that possible? I think, yes, it must be because that's what I am feeling at the moment. I started looking at past posts and there is SO much that has happened recently that I have neglected to blog about. And I'm afraid with a new baby coming into our lives in just two short weeks (EEEK!!) I won't get to any of it. So I have a plan. A blog nesting plan. I am going to blog every day (at least once a day) for a week to catch up!
I know what some of you are thinking... "Can she do it?? Isn't this after all the same woman who swiped her friend's keys thinking they were hers and tried for at LEAST 10 minutes in the 100+ degree heat to start her car before calling her husband to come rescue her with his set of keys. And then left the friend stranded without her keys who had to call her husband to rescue her? Only to find both her set of keys and the friends set of keys in her purse (after the friend came by to see if that was in fact what had happened)?" Well, to answer you... Yes, I did do that. But VW keys look just alike! AND I'm working with a pregnancy brain people, so give me a break!
You may also be thinking, "What should we expect to see in the next few posts?" Well... along with realizing I hadn't blogged about our summer activities I also realized I never blogged about a couple of other things that happened a long time ago. For instance...
I never blogged about Kohen turning 1.
I never blogged about Peyton turning 3.
You, "gasp!"
Me, "I know!"
I am ashamed... How can I blog about Tristan who just turned 5 (which happened earlier this month) and then soon blog about our 4th baby (who still remains nameless as far as you know) when I haven't blogged about those milestones in the other boys lives?!
Sigh.
So... I am going to clean up this mess and "nest" a bit.
Before I go, I think I should add a clause to this though... Just in case something miraculous happens and this baby decides to come early (even though I highly doubt it)... We'll just say that will be the only thing that should keep me from completing this week of blog nesting. Okay? Okay. (These one sided conversation we have are so very nice)
This concludes my post for today but I'll be seeing you tomorrow.
Well I am excited to read your blog nesting! I miss the Davis family and would love to know whats going on with yall! HAHA okay I know you are about to introduce no.4 into the world and thats the biggest news but you know! I will be reading your blog nesting and maybe I can get my act together and join you! :)
ReplyDeleteThanks Kendall, we miss y'all too! And YES, you should join in!!
ReplyDelete