Pages

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

The view from here: a babymama update

At 31 weeks and a few days this little guy is growing daily! I took an excerpt from babycenter.com to tell us more about him at 31 weeks:
"This week, your baby measures over 16 inches long. He weighs about 3.3 pounds (try carrying four navel oranges) and is heading into a growth spurt. He can turn his head from side to side, and his arms, legs, and body are beginning to plump out as needed fat accumulates underneath his skin. He's probably moving a lot, too, so you may have trouble sleeping because your baby's kicks and somersaults keep you up. Take comfort: All this moving is a sign that your baby is active and healthy."

Active is almost an understatement. I pray that active does in fact equal healthy because if that is the case this kid should be very healthy indeed! And yes, sleep is becoming an enemy of mine these days because of how active the little man is. I try to take advantage of naptime as much as I can so when the boys nap, I nap too.

During my last Dr's appointment my Dr mentioned that he's definitely going to be a big boy (which we could have told her that). She and I talked about the possibility of doing an induction. I am not opposed to:
a)not having a 10+ lb baby because he decided to check out past his due date and or
b)getting to meet him earlier than we expected!
So, possibly more to come on that subject if we do end up going that route.

In the meantime I will continue to enjoy my ever growing belly, knowing there is a little boy inside that God is diligently forming and shaping with His perfect hands. 

Oh... What's that? His name? Haha. Funny you should ask... We still have yet to name him. But we hope to soon reveal his name to all of our family and friends! That is... as soon as it is revealed to us. :)

Here are a few more pictures from my view...

Little man was interrupting my quiet time majorly with his bumps and kicks this day! 
What a sweet memory I'll get to hold on to.

This picture was taken when I was just starting to get a baby bump and the boys finally started noticing there was in fact a growing baby in there. The toy on my belly was placed there by big brother Peyton. He is very good about making sure the baby has what he "needs"... Yes, before he's even out of the womb. He often brings him toys or a blanket to keep warm (you know, since it's been 100+ outside everyday this summer). He also doesn't go a day without talking to the baby or singing him a song and never misses giving him kisses and hugs before naptime and bedtime... I can tell he and this little one are going to be special buddies!

Catching a reflection of me and baby (and Kohen) out by the pool.

My lap is getting smaller and smaller.

Just as I mentioned before, here's Peyton singing to baby boy. He will probably know Peyton's voice second after mine because of how much he talks and sings to him! Such sweet moments.

One of my best friends growing up, Leah Roller Walla is also prego right now. She is having her first little boy in September! What a blessing to get to be pregnant at the same time! Here is the two of us showing off our boys at her baby shower last weekend.

Every now and then the Daddy ends up with the camera and snaps a shot of me. Along with my bump, here I am sporting my newly found curly hair. Thank you baby boy with all the pregnancy hormones and also to my sister (who cuts my hair and made me aware of said curliness)!

 A quick picture with the other little guys in my life. Their Daddy has taught them well... Instead of hearing little comments all the time about how big I am getting they say, "Mommy, the baby is getting bigger!" Smart little men. And even smarter Daddy.

In wrapping up I would like to ask something of you. I know if you read my blog you are family/friends and you care about us. I would like to ask for you to pray...

I have continued to have back pain throughout my pregnancy that started up this spring before we even knew I was pregnant. I have slipped discs that because of my pregnancy will not stay in place. I try to keep some sort of schedule in seeing my chiropractor but our summer schedule has made that quite difficult. My chiropractor has explained that my ligaments will not be able to heal and hold until a few months after the little man is born. So, we're basically trying to do maintenance on something that refuses to hold.
I experience a lot of pain most days and it can even get me down because I am unable to do all that I can usually do.

Would you pray?

Pray that I will walk in the grace and strength of the Lord. That I would not lean on my own ability or fall back on pride when people offer to assist. God is good. He knows where He has me. And He is teaching me that I need Him. Pain or no pain. When I think I need Him and even if I don't think I need Him.

I need Him. All day, everyday.

1 comment:

  1. I love seeing the all of the cute pregnancy pictures! You are definitely the cutest preggo I've ever seen :)

    Our family will send up prayers for your continued healing and pain. I can't imagine going through that type of pain all while being pregnant. Hang in there! You look great :)

    ReplyDelete